Monday, October 15, 2007

Miss Potter

"You see, we cannot stay home all our lives. We must present ourselves to the world and we must look upon it as an adventure!"

Amelia: "I have decided that you and I are going to be friends."
Miss Potter: "Have you?"
Amelia: "Well, Noman tells me that you're unmarried, as am I, and that you're not unhappy about it. And I can't tell you how much that pleases me."
Amelia's Mother: "Why can't you talk about the weather like other girls?"
Amelia: "Well, all the other unmarried daughters in our circle-and believe me there are a great many- they sit around all day gossiping and unaccountably bursting into tears. But YOU have done something. You've written a book. I warn you, I am prepared to like you very much."
Miss Potter: "Well, in that case, I shall have to like you too, Miss Warne."

needless to say, I finally saw Miss Potter. I LOVED it.

6 comments:

Erica said...

I've wanted to see it for SO long.



But I haven't yet.

Serena said...

Oh, it's so good, isn't it? I simply loved it!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Same here Erica. My DARLING sisters watched it without me!!!!!!

Katie said...

Well, your darling sisters were merely entertaining themselves while you were gallivanting around Bethel College Campus, talking to Caroline Bingley and seeing P&P.

I loved it as well... maybe I shall ask for it for my birthday....

Lady Dvora said...

Yes do!! Then I'll get to see it!
I'm working on a P&P post. give me time

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't it wonderful? And I just watched it again last night! It makes me so happy, especially since I intend to write and illustrate children's books. Lord willing. ^_^

~VB

Related Posts with Thumbnails