Monday, February 09, 2009

Hello, Monday

Hello, everyone!

I feel as if I've been absent for a very long time, although obviously I was just here on Thursday.  Speaking of which did ya'll watch that video of my brother and sister?  So proud of them!

So, this Saturday is V-DAY!!!  *SCREAM*  Ok, not that bad, really.  Actually, not bad at all.  My work schedule this week is totally random because of the holiday.  I have days off at the beginning of the week to make room for me being able to work at the end of the week.  So, it's kind of nice having these days off.  I have plans to get a lot done.  But, to be totally honest... the things I want to get done mostly involve reading.  But, I've decided I deserve to take it easy on myself before the craziness that is V-Day overtakes my life. 

Um, lets see...

Saturday was an all around crummy day.  And now for the bad news.  I have a cold. 
(name that movie?) :)

Anyway, I've been coming down with this cold since Friday and Saturday was the worst.  Fever in the night, achey joints, swollen throat, stuffy nose, pressured sinuses, headache, burning eyes.  Oh yes.  The works.  So, I spent the day sniffling, sucking on cough drops, and reading Shakespeare.  (Burning eyes do not deter me)

And then, on top of that, we watched Dear Frankie.  (Which, by the way is rated PG-13 for good reason, and would be a totally recommendable show except for some crude "humor" in a couple spots. And language.)  But, anyway.  Whoa.  I cried buckets.  I'd never seen it before.  Why did no one warn me?  (I get extra emotional when I'm sick.)

And also.  My brother re-named the ice cream machines at DQ.  RE-NAMED THEM!  Of all the outrages!!!  I suppose I gave up claim to them when he took over cleaning them, but really.
The new names?  Bob, Pete and Leroy. 
The originals? Tante and Pip (we've acquired another machine since my time)
And he had the nerve to comment that MY names were "unoriginal"....  compared to Bob, Pete, and Leroy?  Whatever. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Be sure to stop at the IDD BLOG today and check out Krista's beautiful poetry.

Oh! And pass the word!! 

2 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Blonde Emma.
"And the bad news is... she has a cold."

"Oh dear!"

Kristi said...

I hope you are feeling better!

"The new names? Bob, Pete and Leroy.
The originals? Tante and Pip (we've acquired another machine since my time)
And he had the nerve to comment that MY names were "unoriginal".... compared to Bob, Pete, and Leroy? Whatever."

That cracked me up!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails