Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recent Reads

I've been gobbling up lots of books recently and I just love it when an author says something that makes me stop. And read it again.  And again.  And laugh.  Or think.  You know the kind of quotes you just want to share?

Here's a few.  There are tons more, but I didn't want to overwhelm you all with Snicket...

Feel free to share some of your favorite book quotes in the comments!

"...Klaus put a hand on Violet's shoulder, and she smiled at him. Klaus had known for all twelve of his years that his older sister found a hand on her shoulder comforting as long as the hand was attached to an arm, of course."
The Austere Academy, Lemony Snicket



"The espression "following suit" is a curious one, because it has nothing to do with walking behind a matching set of clothing. If you follow suit, it means you do the same thing as somebody else has just done.  If all your friends decided to jump off a bridge into the icy waters of an ocean or river, for instance, and you jumped in right after the, you would be following suit.  You can see why following suit can be a dangerous thing to do, because you could end up drowning simply because somebody else thought of it first."
-The Austere Academy, Lemony Snicket

"...Like lightning the spaniard turned the boat and as the boat drew close the Turk reached out a giant arm and then she was back in the safety of her murderers."
The Princess Bride, William Goldman

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love those quotes! I've never read the Princess Bride but I've read all of Snicket. He is amazing.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the first one! Most of my favorite book quotes are from Derwood, The Robe, and The Chronicles of Narnia....

Adelheide said...

These are so funny! I have read the last one, but now I want to get the other book, it looks funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails