Thursday, February 12, 2009

V-Day Rambles.

V-Day means the whole week is different.
  • For instance I was off work Monday and Tuesday, so I could work extra Wednesday-Saturday. 
  • Extra people working in the shop
  • Which is VERY different, since normally there are only 2 people in the shop
  • Carol K. comes in 2 days this week, and I haven't seen her since Mother's Day 2008
  • Which means LOTS of farm stories, lots of Grandma stories
  • Lots of goofing off
  • We invented a new game.  Sort of.  It goes like this: Carol "Scissors" (as she roots around for some) Claud "Iris" (as she puts in the bouquet she's working on) Me "Pen" (I have 10 things in my head I have to write down before I forget)  And so on... 
  • Tomorrow we will have actual DELIVERY PEOPLE.  :) Yayness!  I don't have to deliver. 
  • Guys.  "Um... yeah... I need some flowers... like uh.... what are those? Yeah... I'll take those"
  • Or: "What do girls like?  I don't really know....  Here's $60.  Just make me something."
  • ALSO Today...  An 85+ year old man hobbled into shop with his cane and bought a very big bouquet and a lb. of chocolate (not normal, since older people usually spend LESS money than young people) and wanted it delivered to "a lady"  But vehemently insisted that she not know who the flowers were from... which is the sort of thing I regularly deal with in college guys... 0_0
  • Sad times too.  Moms send their daughters (who just break off a long relationship) flowers.  People cry. 
  • SOMETIMES... we get to see engagement rings :)
  • Pizza.  'Cause we don't have time to leave, so Lori orders lunch in.  :)
  • Candy bouquets
  • Plenty of teasing (Oh, Lord) "Rebecca, why don't YOU have a boyfriend yet?" :) 
  • Or, "How are you selling all these flowers, Rebecca?  Are you flirting??? " 
  • Tired times
  • 900 roses
  • Red, pink, purple
  • LOVE.  (supposedly)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your job sounds like so much fun!

Katie said...

You're flirting to sell flowers!!! Naughty girl!!!
Actually the bad part would be the guys who are buying the flowers because the florist flirted with them. *clucks tongue*

I wish I had extra help... I'm glad you are having fun!

Kristi said...

The story about the older man made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I think I would faint if it was my job to sell 900 roses :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails