Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bookshelves

I spent an hour one day last week organizing my books alphetically by author, library style.  I must have been pretty happy with the results because I just found some pictures of the completed project on the camera. :)



Anybody want to take a guess how many books I own?

I'll give you a couple of clues:

1. There are some little bitty skinny books that are sort of wedged between bigger novels that you probably can't see very well in the picture.

2.  There are at least 10 or 12 that aren't on the shelves at all because they are on my nightstand or in the living room, or lent out maybe...

3. I've acquired about 10 books since the time of this picture :)

4. I don't own nearly as many as I'd like to... :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you alphabetized your bookshelves. I did that a while back with my bookshelves and I love it. It is a lot easier for me to know exactly where a book should be. :-)

I'm terrible at guessing at things like this but I'll say...200 books.

~ Melinda ~

Valerie said...

Somewhere in the vicinity of 200? Do we get a prize if we are right? I'll say 212. :-P

I used to "work" in a library, actually went through all of the books and put them where they belonged (they were a mess!) and since then I have always organized my books library-style. Well, I try. My shelves are too stuffed to do it well right now.

Anonymous said...

178 :)

Kourtney Ann said...

199.5:D

DaveWick said...

196.

Anonymous said...

that's great that you have your own library. i guess 207.
kristi

Anonymous said...

so....when do we find out? I'm waiting in suspence!

Related Posts with Thumbnails